As you may or may not have read, it's been an interesting month for me. I could truly do without all of the emergency room visits, which I've already done one more in March. My poor veins just can't handle it any more - it took them 40 minutes to get an IV in this last time, including one try that included hitting a nerve - really don't want to do that again. I learned there is a nifty little ultrasound machine they can bring in to try to find a vein. I also learned, or maybe I already knew, that if worse comes to worst they will use the vein in the neck for said IV. At that point all I wanted was the pain medications and am not so sure that I would have cared if that was the route they would be taking. I'm REALLY hoping this is the last trip. I do know I'll be having surgery to fix things, although I don't know for sure when yet. I meet with another doctor later this month and we'll schedule things then. In the meantime, I would like to make a request for someone out there to do a strong pain medication that doesn't make one tired and loopy, so that someone like me could take it during the day. I think that's a very worthwhile endeavor. Just saying.We had two birthdays this month. First, we had Logan turn 8. He was so cute on his baptism day and so very prepared. It makes me proud of my little brother and his wife; they are doing so great with their cute kids. He's such a tenderhearted little soul. He loves being a big brother and is always very polite and very organized. Totally love this guy.
Then we have the grandchild that set the bar super high for cuteness and fabulousness for the Ottleys - AJ turned 15. (The other kicker there is that she was born shortly before I returned from my mission and I'm still in shock that I've been home for that long.) She is amazing! We wonder where she got her height since her parents are the shortest of us. She's got a great sense of humor and sets and makes her goals. She's a joy to be around. She has worried greatly that we've scared my roommate away with some of our family antics, but that hasn't happened yet. I look forward to seeing where she goes with her can-do attitude.
This month's study topic has been gratitude. I've absolutely loved reading the talks and things on this topic. I go back and forth with doing well on this and worrying about totally slacking on things and taking them for granted. Two of the things that I do are doing the Hilary Weeks' clicker (www.BillionClicks.org) and we have our blessings jar that we'll read on New Year's Day again. I've done the gratitude journal before, but don't do too well about writing nightly in that and some days I totally feel like I'm grasping at straws. So, what are some of the things you do in your life to make sure you are showing gratitude for the blessings in your life?



No comments:
Post a Comment