13 February 2014

Sometimes You've Just Got To...

Dance, move, do whatever to truly appreciate this amazing body we've each been blessed with.  For the last few weeks, I've been dealing with a variety of aches and pains that I'd rather not have (nothing huge or immensely serious, just annoying and painful).  These aches and pains have made it so that I haven't been able to move as freely as I might like. 

Then, there are the Olympics going on.  It is absolutely amazing to think about what these amazing athletes can do with their bodies.  I continuously think about how my body would never be able to do any those things.  Here's a quick truth with though, I also will never put forth the time and effort they do to get my body to do those things.  The only thing I may ever do for 6-7 hours a day is sleep or read.

So, here's the appreciation factor.  It's so great to be able to just get up and out of bed and do what I need to do each day.  It's great to, whether I choose to or not) be able to exercise, clean, etc.  I really do enjoy turning the music up and just moving and not thinking about who may be watching (mainly because I do it mainly when I'm home alone).  I'm not a performer by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm not going to win any awards.  I don't even want anyone to see my not so smooth moves.  I still love that I'm able to do so and am eternally grateful for the blessing of doing it.  I'm blessed to have very few restrictions on my abilities, and I have to keep reminding myself of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment