Once upon a time I decided to start a new blog. Then life happened and the various other things that go on with that and it got away from me. I've decided to make a fresh start with this and try again. The good thing about it is this is a project for me and me alone. I hope, I think, that people will read it and share their thoughts, but it's not an expectation so much. I'm not doing this as anything other than a release for me. Some will have pictures; some not so much as I try to figure technology out (sometimes it's just not worth the effort to me). So, for a semi-fresh start, we'll begin with an introduction to "All About Me" or at least 25 things (I thought of doing my age but, quite frankly, I'm 43 this year and that feels like A LOT of things to come up with and I'm not currently up to the task; maybe some other time).
- I am a proud Army brat. There may or may not be an emphasis on the brat at times. Because of Dad's choice of career, I was born overseas in Germany. According to my memory, I've lived in Utah, California, and Germany with family (there are two or three other places that are pre-memory).
- I am a social service worker with the Division of Child and Family Services, State of Utah. I've been doing this for fifteen and a half years. My currently position I work specifically with families in their home, with the hope of not going to removal and not having them come back for anything else. Sometimes that happens and sometimes it doesn't. It's a tough job and can be the worst emotional roller coaster. But, I have been very fortunate to work with some of the most amazing people, which makes things so much easier.
- I continue to be a die hard Real Salt Lake fan. It's kind of tough to do that at this point in time as the season is really starting off quite rocky, but I'm sticking with them through good and bad.
- I am obsessed with Minions! There is no rhyme of reason for that. I laugh and buy all sorts of minion things, but it's absolutely true.
- My family means the world to me. I am so blessed to count my brothers and sisters as some of my best friends. I am so very fortunate with the spouses they chose and being able to get along with each of them. And they have given me the most amazing twelve nieces and nephews - and are even nice enough to trust me with them.
- I am so much a home body. The best part of the day is getting home, taking off the shoes and bra, and getting into the pajamas. It's an even better day if I don't even have to get out of the jammies.
- You cannot go wrong with chocolate. There are very few things that compare with something wonderful in chocolate.
- I could live on nachos, chips, and queso - various types.
- I'm being told how fashionable I am. Some days I even believe it. Truth be told, my wardrobe comes from Charming Charlie, Amazon, JustFab, Downeast Outfitters, and Walmart, with very few other places being thrown in there. I don't follow fashion, but try to make sure that whatever I am wearing, I feel comfortable and confident in it.
- I am obsessive about order with things that can be alphabetized. Sort of. Really it's just my DVD's and books. My roommate totally makes fun of me. But, it's a small thing that no matter what else is going on in my life, I can control, organize, and make sense of.
- I have a really bad habit of buying movies before I've seen them. Sometimes it works out and I really love the movie; sometimes it doesn't work out so well.
- I love touring houses and living history (still don't find it the most fun to always read about it, except now I can choose what to read). There's something so magical about historical sites. Seeing how homes were built and manage to withstand so much - which we don't always see in today's construction. And I am obsessed with staircases and libraries. My sister has pointed out I tend to kind of glaze over with those two things.
- I'm one of those weirdos who really actually enjoys and prefers humid weather over dry. I also prefer being hot over cold.
- I actually do really love nature. However, nature doesn't always love me. I think I'd spend a lot more time outside if I didn't break into hives and have issues breathing.
- As much as I struggle with it, I actually don't mind working out. Once the first step of getting into the workout clothes, I'm good to go. But, that first step can be a bugger. I like walking and could walk for miles without thinking about it. The minute I think about breaking into any type of a jog, the misery kicks in - so I don't.
- I've had what feels like way too many surgies. Scars don't bother me. Although, after the health issues of a few years ago and the build up to those surgeries, hospital stays, and healing, the scars on my stomach REALLY bothered me. No one is going to see them, but they were the hardest for me to accept.
- Property Brothers, Project Runway, Big Bang Theory, CSI, Locked Up, and America's Next Top Models are some of my favority shows. I really liked Baby Daddy before it was canceled. I used to really enjoy Dancing with the Stars, but have grown away from that.
- I really like musicals and theater. However, I've tried to listen to Hamilton. I just couldn't make it through. It's been here in Utah and everyone who's gone to see it has had absolutely rave reviews, but I don't even have a desire to see it.
- In spite of being able to get up in front of my church class and teach or do a musical number, I REALLY don't like being center of attention. This is why I don't celebrate my birthday. I'm just fine blending into the crowd.
- I am not a fan of snow. Every winter I think I shouldn't be here in Utah with the winter. I do adore the peace and beauty of freshly fallen snow, but really think bears have the right idea with hibernation.
- Water is very calming to me. Thinking about a calm, sunshiny beach or peaceful serene lake are totally my happy placements.
- I love having friends with various backgrounds, beliefs, and opinions. I think there is something really special about learning from each other and being able to disagree while still remaining friends. I hate that there is so much "my way or the highway" in the world. With that attitude, we are missing out on something so very wonderful in the way of relationships, learning, growing, and just being able to live with each other.
- I am NOT political. I don't share my opinions on politics, or very rarely. I don't share who I did or didn't vote for and won't ask you either. The one thing on politics I will say is: if you are currently facing lawsuits or criminal charges or under investigation, you should not be holding or running for office. Think how much that would clear things out!
- I am a rule follower. I don't have an issue with trying to change laws in the appropriate way, but this whole "I'm the exception to the rule" or "that law doesn't apply to me" attitude, really bothers me. Until there is a change, it's the law that means it should be followed - and it's amazing the trouble you're able to stay out of when you do so.
- I am forever grateful and in debt to my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I am religious and live it every day, I hope. The idea that anyone would question my faith, is actually pretty upsetting to me. I try to emulate him and want to live as he would have me live.
And this is me in some type of nutshell. I think I'm pretty basic, but I think we all have more levels than we might give ourselves credit for. I hope to keep up with this, though no promise of how often, and hope whoever reads it does enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment